A lot has happened in the last 24 hours at the Holland House. I received notification from the NC State Board of CPA's that I passed my last and final section of the CPA exam. YAY! I took the test two weeks ago and usually I do not receive notification until a month later. This time it was different for some reason. Thank goodness it was different. I had been at work that Saturday then I left for a baby shower. I left the baby shower and noticed that Drew called about 6 times, left a voice mail, and texted me the following "You need to come home ASAP." My mind immediately thought bad things in the following order: Oh no Chloe, no the tree in our back yard fell on our house, no the house caught fire. I called Drew without listening to his message not knowing what I was about to hear on the other line. Little did I know the news he was about to share was life/career changing. Drew said I received a letter from the NC CPA State Board that had congratulations stamped on the outside. I didn't believe what I was hearing - I doubted that the stamp on the outside meant I passed the final exam, besides it was too soon to receive my score. Drew opened the envelope and there in print was confirmation that I passed the final part. I screamed and screamed and screamed the entire way home! I called Daddy of course he was at work, but I told him that he was allowed to let out a scream! He did and soon after had to go home to celebrate with Mom. Dad was so proud - He quickly sent out an email to all our family and friends to brag on his daughter. I am quite honored to soon hold my CPA certification as I will be the fifth person in my family receiving their CPA. My Father, my Granddaddy(maternal), my Great Uncle Jimmy and Great Aunt Nelly all received or still have their CPA. What a tradition to uphold - We have not skipped a generation. My cousins on Mom's side are also in pursuit of their CPA, so hopefully soon there will be 7 cpas in the family.
What a whirlwind of day! I found out I passed the first section while my parents were visiting, so they were able to experience the joy of a passing grade and we began the tradition of celebrating with a TCBY chocolate and vanilla swirl ice cream cone with sprinkles of course!
If all goes as planned I should be eligible to submit my application for Certification in mid March. YaHOOOO!
Drew has a lot going as well. I should just say WE have a lot going on. Drew is starting the interview process which will continue during his spring break. He will meet before the Board of Ordained Ministry during his break one more time before he is commissioned in the United Methodist Church. We will not know for a while where he will be going this summer, but let's just say we are excited about all the opportunities out there. I keep telling Drew this is the part where I follow you wherever you go.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment