Friday, July 25, 2008

Wait I though I was in Norway.

This past weekend I went on my first ever cruise and my last ever cruise. Never again will I set foot a boat of that size. I will however step on smaller boats, kayaks, and canoes in the ocean, in rivers, or on lakes. As many of you know I am quite sensitive to motion sickness. This cruise did me in. Each night I got a migraine got nauseated and just plain dizzy. I hated the cruise and don't really want to go back and relieve it, so to make the long trip very short . . . I discoverd that I suffer from a mild form Vertigo. Mild just means I don't throw up when everything starts spinning and I feel like I am falling!

Oslo was beautiful city. Very quaint understandably since it is so far away from everything else in the world. Norway is a very expensive place to live. The cost of living is higher than in Denmark. The exchange rate b/t the USD and Norwegian Kroner was better than that of the USD/DKK though. That still didn't make it a cheaper city. . . prices were higher. We really just walked around the city and from end to end. We went to the most controversial park in the world. The park was full of nude sculptures. The Scandinavians have no problems with nudity. All in all it was a pretty uneventful time, but I felt for a few moments I was in North Carolina looking at the Urwharrie MTNS (spelling might be off). The Fjords that had formed were beautiful. Basically a Fjord is a steep cliff on the side of a Mountain created by a glacier. Like I said before I felt as if I was just on a lake somewhere in NC not in Norway and in the Oresund Sea!

No comments: